Monday, November 30, 2009

TROJAN VIRUS On My Blog?

Yesterday, when I checked this blog, my anti virus software suddenly popped up saying it is virus infected. I suspected I might have clicked some links on my message box that has virus on it thus the reason why my message box is no longer visible. However, I thought it was primarily on the IFramer as it says on my antivirus software, and I thought, it must have been on my layout??? I have this layout for quite a while and perhaps it was the cause. It wasn't an official blogger template, so I suspected it has been hacked with some malicious malware or something...I changed the template with the official blogger template and I noticed my anti virus software didn't pop up anymore.
So, for now, I still have to observe further. I love to have the message box, but for security reasons, I don't want my readers to be annoyed when they see a virus popping on my blog! It's like driving all my readers away.
To those who loves to mess up somebody's blog with virus, I don't understand what good thing can you get for doing it. You're just a pathetic loser!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have heard of this happening to others recently. I'm not sure how these virusses can jump on blogs, but you probably did the right thing by removing the message area. Just curious: was it C-Box?

angelnoah said...

I think it's not the C-box. My antivirus says it's somewhere in the Iframer which I think has something to do with my template. I tried to change my template back to the official blogger template and it was gone!...I got those customized templates for free (forgot the name of the website), but am thinking, perhaps that website has already been infected!