Thursday, May 29, 2008
- MAKE A PLAYDATE - Call or invite your funniest friend to brunch-laughter can make you healthier, says Dr. Lee Berk. How? It can lower your blood pressure, cut stress hormone levels, reduce pain, relax muscles, boost immunity and pump you full of endorphins! Whew!
- HAVE A TREAT - Remember morning and afternoon snack time? You might want to pencil it in again. Waiting too long to eat between meals can cause blood sugar to drop, setting off cravings and causing you to overindulge later. The biggest cause of overeating is undereating.
- GROW YOUR BRAIN - Kids do it every day, and should we: Learning something new (or wrestling with a tough Sudoku) is like mental cardio. After just 2 weeks of memory exercises and puzzles, participants in a study performed significantly better on oral exams-and get this, their brains actually used less energy while thinking.
- GO ON VACATION - No matter how busy you are, research shows you've got to get away at least once a year. A large study found that women who rarely vacation were seven times more likely to have a heart attack than those who took 2 or more breaks a year. Stress control is crucial to heart health, say experts.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Payday Loans Abc is one good solution for people who are in need of quick, easy and confidential way of getting an emergency cash. Why choose to wait for long periods of approval when you got a company who offers you convenience and comfort in getting your cash fast, right? You don't even have to leave the privacy and comfort of your own homes in getting online because all you have to do is apply online, get your approval online fast, securely and confidential. Payday Loans Abc has approved lenders who can guarantee you of approval from your online application by filling up the online application forms provided on the site. Whether you have bankruptcy or bad credit, they can help you with it. Apply now and get up to $1,500 cash online overnight and rest assured it is done with high internet security.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
- Going barefaced. Only 29% of women say they wear makeup everyday.
- Washing your hair more often than you have to-45% of women shampoo daily or more, but sometimes all you need to do is rinse and condition.
- Primping in public. About 36% of people say they occasionally groom themselves-from touching up lipstick to restyling hair-at restaurants, bars and clubs.
- Not getting waxed: 76% of young women in one survey said they just use a razor on their bikini line.
- Cutting your own hair. 68% of women have done at-home trim job.
- Seriously considering cosmetic surgery. 25% of women say they'd do it in the future.
- Buying into hair color stereotypes: 76% of people believe the first female president will be a brunette but 65% say blonds are "more glamorous."
- Feeling better about your looks as you age. Half of women say they're more comfortable with their appearance now than they were in the past.
- THOU SHALT HAVE REALLY JUICY LIPS - So sexy, you basically don't need any other make up (especially if you're wearing Texas-size sunglasses.) Just swipe on abalm with SPF, apply shiny coral lipstick with a brush, blot with a paper towel and top with sheer gloss.
- THOU SHALT NOT FEAR BRIGHT LINER - Summer's the best time to have fun and not get too serious about your makeup. The key to pulling off vivid liner: Pick one that has a bit of shimmer. Then go with nudish shades on cheeks and lips.
- THOU SHALT USE SPF ALL OVER - Plenty of women diligently slather SPF 45 on their faces, but use a stingy SPF 8 everywhere else. It's not enough protection, even if you were born with olive skin like Brazilian models :). Wearing a one piece won't substitute for SPF either; rays can sneak through, especially if the fabric is wet, light colored or stretched out. Before suiting up, rub on a lightweight yet powerful sunscreen. Reapply after every swim.
- THOU SHALT HONOR THY NATURAL SKIN COLOR - If you're pale, you're pale! In a sea of self-tanned faces, your God-given hue can look refreshingly unique. To play up any skin tone, add a drop of makeup bronzer to your sunscreen and use rosy lip gloss.
- THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT MATCHY-MATCHY - Same-color nails and toes are fine, but in summer, two contrasting hues look so much sexier. The season's too short to do only one standout polish color at a time! A pretty combo: petal-pink on hands and a bright fuchsia on toes ;).
- THOU SHALT MASTER THE QUICK BUN - The las thing any woman should have to do when it's gorgeous outside is wrestle her hair into some complicated updo. A lot easier: Make a low ponytail and secure with an elastic, then twist into a loose bun and bobby-pin in place. Got short hair? Pull it into a baby ponytail and tie on a scarf headed-band style, knotting it at the nape of your neck.
- THOU SHALT NOT PANIC OVER HAIR REMOVAL - Don't freak if you haven't got time to shave before you head outside. It's actually better to shave in the PM. - salt, sun and chlorine can all irritate freshly shaved legs, leaving you with some pretty unsexy red bumps.
- THOU SHALT NOT DO BATTLE WITH THINE HAIR - Got waves or curls? Forget trying to torture them straight; it's a can't-win battle during the summer. To bring out your natural texture and defrizz, do a few quick twirls with a medium size curling iron. Straight haired? Just use a jumbo curling iron to give your ends bounce. And no matter what type of hair you have, keep it protected from the sun, which can dry yours out and sap shine.
- THOU SHALT NOT SUCK IN THY STOMACH - Knowing no one's perfect is what separates the confident women from the nervous girls. If you've got curves, feel free to exhale and strut your stuff. All of it.
- THOU SHALT RELAX THY BEAUTY ATTITUDE - This time of year you can stop pressing about things like tiny lines and pore size-when you're showing this much skin, nobody's going to be looking at your pores.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Monex group of companies has gold bullion in three different forms: - the 10-ounce gold bullion with .995 fine purity and traditionally used for trading and storage; the 32.15 troy-ounce gold kilobar; and the Monex-certified and convertible 10-ounce gold bullion ingot, with a pure .9999 fine gold bullion - which is among the purest gold bullion bars available to investors nowadays. Gold bullion bars are as well considered to be an excellent hedge against inflation, deflation and political uncertainty. They are liquid investments and can be easily stored and transported which make them being preserved privately by men as wealth.
If you are considering a gold bullion investment, contact your Monex account representative and from there, you can be able to compare prices as well. See it for yourself why Monex company has been America's trusted name in coin and bullion trading for more than 40 years :).
42 - Amount, in dollars, most women spend on a basic haircut.
49 - Minutes a typical young woman puts into her looks daily.
23 - Average amount, in dollars, a woman pays for a manicure.
81 - Percent of women who believe beauty is too narrowly defined as appearance only.
Let Them Make Mistakes
Moms aren't perfect. They fail like we all do. But God is only concerned about two things: your response to His Word and how you finish up. Mary responded wonderfully to God's Word in Luke 1:38. Mary stayed with the Lord to the end Acts 1:14.
Let Them Work Through Their Grief
- Part of life is pain. Part of motherhood is being so knit to your children their lives pierce yours like a sword.
- Things never turn out like we think at first they will. Sometimes they get better, sometimes they worsen. We need to live in the refreshing and liberating reality of God's Word.
- Let's start with the facts. There was no perfect family mentioned in the Bible. Not Mary and Joseph's. No, their boys wanted Jesus done in. Yes, when the heat was on and the leaders were plotting against His life, those brothers sent Him into the fire! (John 7:1-5)
- Let's stop expectations of perfection. God has seen imperfection in the lives of all His children from Eden onward.
Let Them Live On In Our Words
That is what God does! The wonders of Mary, the devotion of Hannah, the care of Jocobed Moses' mom, all remain in God’s Word. Every time I hear about a mother who faithfully loves her children, prays for them and teaches them about the Lord I am reminded of the influence of a distant life that is touching mine today.
Let Them Know How They Touched Our Lives
Proverbs 31:28 “Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her…” (NIV)
Think of a way your mother has touched your life. Maybe it is her loving smile, her gentle voice, or the soft yet strong touch of her hands. Can you let her know how her prayers or phone calls or letters have touched you? How about her cooking great meals, sewing those buttons, cleaning your room or always having a loving shoulder to cry on? Surely this is only the start. Rise up and call her blessed!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Items Needed :
TOOTHPICK - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others. -
* Matthew 7:1
RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out. -
* Romans 8:28
BAND AID - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's. -
* Colossians 3:12-14
PENCIL - to remind you to list your blessings everyday. -
* Ephesians 1:3
ERASER - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay. -
* Genesis 50:15-21
CHEWING GUM - to remind you to stick with it, and you can accomplish anything. -
MINT - to remind you that you are worth a mint. -
* John 3:16-17
CANDY KISS - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday. -
* John 4:7
TEA BAG - to remind you to relax daily and go over your list of blessings. -
*1 Thessalonians 5:18
* Relevant Scriptures
Always check yours and be sure it's complete :).
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
My other 3 blogs passed, and I already got one paid opportunity there...but they are finding this blog so difficult for them to accept it. I don't understand...it's making me crazy!!!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Melbourne Hotels are also of affordable rates for as low as USD$41.00 for budget accomodations and up to USD$177 for more luxurious stay. In Melbourne, you don't need to spend lots of money seeing places. The fact that many hotels here are affordable and cheap, there are as well lots of places to see for free. If you prefer calm sceneries, like parks, museums, galleries then there are a lot there worth enjoyable doing.
If you prefer going to Brisbane, rates for Brisbane Hotels are as low as UD$51.00 for budget accomodations. It's still worth it when you want to visit theme parks and sceneries, play casino, go to markets, etc...Here you would enjoy doing river cruises as well. Overall, it's like visiting an adventure wonderland :).
Another worth visiting is Perth, which is on the southwest part of Australia. There are quite a huge extensive list on what to see in Perth, from zoo to coastlines and wildlife parks. Mostly are ideal for kids too. Perth Hotels are as well cheap for as low as USD$33.00. This is a good place to bring your family with you. Kids would love it here, I bet ;).
Hertik Roshan ))
Most handsome Indian man.. actor
Most Handsome Pakistani man.. actor
(( Tarkan ))
Most Handsome Turkish man, singer
Most handsome Emeriti man..Younger Son Of Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammad
Most handsome EXPAT in DUBAI ..Forever Young..
JUAN DELA CRUZ....PARE!!! ASTIG
The first itinerary was in the Hollywood Walk of Fame...I got so excited that I got the chance to pose in different angles at each star there. I haven't been realizing that there are lots of them, and it was almost like I wanna take photos of each star! :). With so much poses and photos of the stars, my camera started to blink...and then says low on battery! Geesh...after a minute, camera went off...bye!!! no more photos. Waahh!, I missed some more sceneries. It was a little while before my husband finally convinced me to just come back the next day, lol! If you love sightseeing tours , Trusted Tours & Attractions can offer you big discounts, with a lot of places and famous landmarks to visit. There are also a lot of Things to do in Boston and I got more interested in either the lunch or dinner cruises, and perhaps a trip to Cape Cod. I am just curious about the place and what is in there :).
If you are planning for your next vacation trip, and you need help as to what to do and where to go, sign up for the Trusted Travels eNewsletter and enter to win a $150 iTunes gift card. This will be until May 31, 2008 only, so better hurry up so you can catch up for the promo.
Three women in North Florida turned up at hospitals over a 5-day period, all with the same symptoms.
Fever, chills, and vomiting, followed by muscular collapse, paralysis and finally, death.
There were no outward signs of trauma.
Autopsy results showed toxicity in the blood. These women did not know each other and seemed to have nothing in common. It was discovered, however, that they had all visited the same Restaurant (Olive Garden) within days of their deaths. The Health Department descended on the restaurant , shutting it down. The food, water, and air conditioning were all inspected and tested, to no avail.
The big break came when a waitress at the restaurant was rushed to the hospital with similar symptoms. She told doctors that she had been on vacation, and had only went to the restaurant to pick up her check.
She did not eat or drink while she was there, but had used the restroom.
That is when one toxicologist, remembering an article he had read, drove out to the restaurant, went into the restroom and lifted the toilet seat .
Under the seat, out of normal view, was a small spider. The spider was captured and brought back to the lab, where it was determined to be the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata), so named because of its reddened flesh color.&nb sp; This spider's venom is extremely toxic, but can take several days to take effect. They live in cold, dark, damp climates, and toilet rims provide just the right atmosphere.
Several days later a lawyer from Jacksonville showed up at a hospital emergency room. Before his death, he told the doctor, that he had been away on business, had taken a flight from Indonesia , changing planes in Singapore , before returning home.
He did NOT visit (Olive Garden), while there. He did (as did all of the other victims) have what was determined to be a puncture wound, on his right buttock. Investigators discovered that the flight he was on had originated in India .
The Civilian Aeronautics Board (CAB) ordered an immediate inspection of the toilets of all flights from India and discovered the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata) spider's nests on 4 different planes!
It is now believed that these spiders can be anywhere in the country.
So please, before you use a public toilet, lift the seat to check for spiders. It can save your life!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Actually I receive a lot of emails and even a video from Youtube about her teachings. So, more or less, I am aware of it. I am not an avid fan of Oprah. She might be a good host, but being a true Christian, one's faith has to be tested. Mine is still the same...read your Bible.
God please be with us!
BE VERY CAREFUL OF HER NEW AGE TEACHING....!!!
"Oprah and Friends" to teach course on New Age Christ
Jesus Christ is being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed, and this false New Age Christ-teaching is about to make huge inroads into the world, with the help of the queen of television talk shows, Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily radio program, will offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ, in a lesson a day and will completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles Workbook.
Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles for the year-long course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John Boy Walton) Thomas, will be available on compact disc.
Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset-a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly stat e s: "This is a course in mind training" and is dedicated to "thought reversal."
The Course in Miracles -in reality-is the truth of the Bible turned upside down.
Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's book, A Course in Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had already bought a thousand copies and would be handing them out to everyone in her studio audience. Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book to the top of the New York Times bestseller list .
A Course in Miracles is allegedly a "new revelation" from "Jesus" to help humanity work through these troubled times. This "Jesus"- who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible's Jesus Christ-began delivering channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology, Helen Schucman.
One day Schucman heard an "inner voice" stating, "This is a course in miracles. Please take notes." For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this voice that described himself as "Jesus."
Here are some quotes from the "Jesus" voice of A Course in Miracles :
· "There is no sin . . . "
· A "slain Christ has no meaning."
· "The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey."
· "Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross.'"
· "The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray."
· "The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself."
· "The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation."
Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television audience that the "brilliant writing" of A Course in Miracles would produce more peace in the world.
The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness, continues to be sold in Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as Schuller prepares to host a January 17-19, 2008, "Rethink Conference" at his Crystal Cathedral.
2 Timothy 3 (King James Version): 1-5
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away!
DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute. Work this out as you read .
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.
1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to
go out to eat.
(more than once but less than 10)
2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
3. Add 5
4. Multiply it by 50
5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1758...
If you haven't, add 1757.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number
The first digit of this was your original number. (I.e., How many times
you want to go out to restaurants in a week.)
The next two numbers are
YOUR AGE ! ------ (Oh YES, it is!)
The Stark Museum of Art houses the most significant collections of American Western Art. The museum were envisioned by H.J. Lutcher Stark and his mother Miriam Lutcher Stark who was an enthusiastic collector of arts, furnitures and decorative items from all around the world. In that similar way, H.J. Lutcher Stark had the passion of collecting things with similar interest of art and nature that depicts the American West. The family roots since then developed and made the collecting passion flourished thus the museum was created to display the great various collections. Being a museum of art, inside the museum are great collections of different paintings,sculptures, and prints from the 19th and 20th centuries such as rare books and manuscripts, and many more. The museum is divided into different art collections such as the Western Art reflecting the artistic interpretation of the western region for more than 2 centuries; the American Indian Art which consists of collections of plain clothings, body ornaments and beadworks reflecting these objects as creations of the different tribes of Great Plains, Southwest, Eastern Woodlands and Northwest Coast; Decorative Arts that consists primarily of glass and porcelains and the Rare books and Manuscripts collections. They also have different exhibitions that is worth seeing from the current to past and future exhibitions and exhibitions on loan. Finally, in 1961, the Stark foundation was established as a non-profit corporation by H.J. Lutcher Stark and his wife Nelda C. Stark purposely for the benefits of charitable and educational purposes by which the foundation also carries the mandate in part, through the programs of the Stark Museum of Art, and other part of the foundation such as the W.H.Stark House, the Frances Ann Lutcher Theater for Performing Arts and Shangrila Botanical Gardens and Nature Center. If you happen to be visiting Orange Texas someday, visit the Stark Museum of Art website to know more about the details and there's nothing ever more fun than visiting the actual museum itself :).
Stars do not struggle to shine;
rivers do not struggle to flow,
and you will never struggle to excel in life,
because you deserve the best.
Hold on to your dream and it shall be well with you... Amen.
The eyes beholding this message shall not behold evil,
the hand that will send this message to others shall not labor in vain,
the mouth saying Amen to t his prayer shall laugh forever,
remain in God's love. Good morning, your dream will not die,
your plans will not fail, your destiny will not be aborted,
and the desire of your heart will be granted in Jesus' name.
Say a big Amen, share this to all your friends.
None goes to the river early in the morning and brings dirty water.
As you are up this morning! may your life be clean,
calm and clear like the early morning water.
May the grace of the Almighty support,
sustain and supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. Amen.
Love the Lord.
Have a wonderful day in Jesus' name.
The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you. may you receive a divine visitation that will move your life forward mightily by the outworking of God's unstoppable Power
This is also a good site for advertisers. Bloggerwave is based in Denmark aiming to be Europe's biggest advertising media through blogs. Join bloggerwave today! :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Computer Forensics is a science that involves identifying, recovering, preserving, extracting an documenting electronically stored information (ESI) that serves as an evidence in the court of law. A computer forensic examination is a sructured investigation and protects the evidences, while maintaining some documented evidences and discover what a computer data holds and who is responsible for these data. If you think that in your situation, you need a computer forensic expert, Data Chasers, Inc. is the answer! :).
Data Chasers has a staff of computer experts that has acquired wide range of experiences for many years when it comes to law enforcement experiences both at the state and local levels. They have created an impressive series of records with a high credible background. Visit and get to know them better.
Gosh, I still need to do that. So, I am back to work! :).
Beyond Chest Pain
The most common warning sign of heart attack for a man is sudden, powerful chest pain. But when a woman has a heart attack, she may have mild chest discomfort. She may also feel pressure, squeezing, tightness, or fullness in her chest.
New research shows that women have trouble breathing, weakness, unusual fatigue, cold sweats, and dizziness before a heart attack.
Call 911 or your local emergency service right away if you have any of these symptoms. Getting help for a heart attack within one hour may mean the difference between life and death.
A recent study found that many women begin having symptoms long before a heart attack actually starts. These symptoms can even happen a month ahead of time. The most common signs are:
- Unusual tiredness-more than 70% of women reported this symptom
- Sleep problems
- Shortness of breath
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Sprint subscribers must have been lucky to have this Sprint Instinct phone offer. I like the features of this phone as well. Fancy and slim. There are many amazing deals and offers bestincellphones.com has, and if you want to familiarize yourself on each phone models and types, just visit and read bestincellphones.com blog. The blog is very interesting since it acts as a comprehensive product details of each phone model in every post. So more or less, you will get the idea about a certain phone's features and models, and even product review about the phone. Cool, isn't it? Well, keep browsing at the site just as what I am doing right now :). I actually bookmarked it so I can check new updates from time to time.
- More than doubles the risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Causes 87% of deaths from lung cancer
- Leads to as many s 9 out of 10 deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Your circulation begins to improve as soon as you quit
- Breathing becomes easier within months
- A year after quitting, your risk for stroke, cancer, and lung disease begins to drop
- After one year, your risk of developing heart disease is cut in half.
Outdoor Ceiling Fans are ideal for the summer season. Since summer is fast approaching, this would be a good chance to get a good deal from ceilingfanwarehouse.com. You can also avail of their specials if you are interested by calling them at their toll-free number provided on their website. Visit them today and see it for yourself! :).
Before your next doctor visit, gather the following items and information to help you and your doctor make the most of your time.
- A list of your medications and nutritional supplements, with dosages.
- A record of any symptoms, for how long they've happened, and when and what makes them better or worse.
- An organized list of questions
- Paper and pen to take notes.
- Do I need to update the treatment plan for my condition?
- What should I do during an emergency?
- Do I need a follow up visit?
Endowment Express searches the market to find the best available price for your endowment policy, so you don't have to spend long tiring hours doing it with a lot of headaches and hassles. With Endowment Express, they search all major buyers to get you up to 35% more than your surrender value. Now, that's another good reason why you need not to look elsewhere, right? ;). The only thing you do is sit back, relax while Endowment Express works for you to get the best deal! Contact them today when you plan selling your endowments. Doing it with them is your smart alternative to your policy surrender.
- Always read and follow the label directions on all prescription and OTC products. And pay close attention to your doctor's or pharmacist's directions for taking the medication.
- Take only the correct amount and number of doses at the time of day as written on the label. Taking a smaller dose to save money or a bigger dose for faster results is risky for your health. It may lead to bad side effects.
- If you think the amount you take needs to be adjusted, call your doctor to discuss making any changes.
IBackup is considered to be a leading, customizable and secure online storage and backup for small businesses as well as with access and data sharing solution. It has received several citations and accolades due to its impressive performance. It was named "favorite backup service" by PC World Magazine, "PC Magazine Editor's Choice", and even got the "Webuser Gold Award." Now, with the most recent enhancement features for iPhones, users can now conveniently access and share data from their iPhones to any other handheld devices such as Blackberry, PocketPC and Treo, while on the move. Exciting, isn't it? As long as you have an account with IBackup, you can now start using this feature.
Online Backup has been becoming more user friendly nowadays as technology becomes more and more improved, and that's just one of the best part of it :). Another recent enhancement includes IBackup for Mac. This serves as a desktop interface between your IBackup account and Mac. It's user friendly, secure and reliable which performs automated online backup for your files and folders. This application can save your critical data in case you encounter a system crash. You can visit the site for further informations.
Here is a good letter to ponder upon. Isn't it worth reading? Good article! I feel it is worth sharing, so enjoy reading! :).
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.
About a month later, just before Christmas, there was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands.
He said, "Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly. He often talked about you, and your love for art." The young man held out this package. "I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this."
The father opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture. "Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift."
The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.
The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection.
On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded his gavel. "We will start the bidding with this picture of the son. Who will bid for this picture?"
There was silence.
Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, "We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one."
But the auctioneer persisted. "Will somebody bid for this painting. Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?"
Another voice angrily. "We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Goghs, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!"
But still the auctioneer continued. "The son! The son! Who'll take the son?"
Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. "I'll give $10 for the painting." Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.
"We have $10, who will bid $20?"
"Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters."
"$10 is the bid, won't someone bid $20?"
The crowd was becoming angry. They didn't want the picture of the son.
They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections.
The auctioneer pounded the gavel.. "Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!"
A man sitting on the second row shouted, "Now let's get on with the collection!"
The auctioneer laid down his gavel. "I'm sorry, the auction is over."
"What about the paintings?"
I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings.
The man who took the son gets everything!"
God gave His son 2,000 years ago to die on the cross. Much like the auctioneer, His message today is:
"The son, the son, who'll take the son?"
Because, you see, whoever takes the Son gets everything..
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, WHO SO EVER BELIEVETH, SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE...THAT' S LOVE
To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I've ever written.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11 . Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion.
Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29 What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift
At vialuxe, it's simply the only website to offer its consumers safe and elegant place for luxury goods, - one of which are Montblanc products. They can help their customers make it more convenient and faster to search for watches and jewelries, one of which are mont blanc watches.
Furthermore, they as well offer more comprehensive research, articles and reviews for shoppers in finding the perfect watch or piece of jewelry that suits their needs. Customers can even use their retailer locator service provided to find the nearest authorized dealers.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Structured Settlement can provide for payment in any schedule the parties choose which may be paid in annual installments or a number of years, or it may be paid in periodic lump sums every few years. It's an insurance or financial arrangement of fixed payments with fixed intervals.
Structured Settlements can also serve the purpose to provide income over time, but sometimes, unforeseen circumstances occur, making you needing cash urgently. One given option is to sell your structured settlement for up-front money. This is when Stone Street comes in wherein they provide lump sum cash for structured settlements.
You can visit Stone Street today and if you are interested in finding out how much you can get for your structured settlement, lottery, annuity, contest or slot jackpot prize payments, you can get your free quote online or call them for free at 1-800-LUMP-SUM. Stone Street Capital is also known by its specialty finance industry, buying future payment streams from personal injury settlements and lawsuit settlements. Get your cash now as urgent as you need them only at Stone Street Capital.
Horwitz, Horwitz and Associates, Ltd. is a firm that helps its clients ensure that their injuries are being acknowledged, as well as to ensure that the client can get his/her compensation to the fullest extent of the law. It's also the firm's mission to help pursue cases on illinois nursing home neglect, ensuring the client understands his/her rights and to protect these rights. You can easily and conveniently find chicago nursing home abuse attorneys at Horwitzlaw.com site, get to know them more by browsing through their full bio's and you can even ask them questions for free! Do you have questions about nursing home care? Then prepare to join attorneys Michael Carter and Jeffrey Schlapp of Horwitz and Associates, Ltd. in answering your questions each week and learn more ways how you can prevent abuse and neglect to your elderly loved ones, as well as how they can receive that dignified caring they deserve.
Visit Horwitz, Horwitz and Associates, Ltd. today and find an illinois nursing home negligence lawyer if your loved ones or your family rights have been violated particularly an elderly member of your family. If you think your loved one is either abused or neglected, don't hesitate to contact them and get a free consultation with an experienced attorney immediately.
Friday, May 9, 2008
For the instructions, add your name on the list and simply spell out your name using the given Japanese letter- translations below. Tag six of your friends and inform them of the tag. Have fun.
A - ka -----G - ji -----M - rin -----S - ari----- Y - fu
B - tu -----H - ri -----N - to ------T - chi -----Z - zi
C - mi----- I - ki -----O - mo -----U - do
D - te----- J - zu -----P - no ------V - ru
E - ku-----K - me ----Q - ke ------W - mei
F - lu-----L - ta ------R - shi ------X - na
TAGGED FROM NOVA;
1. Anneberly- atotukutukukeshitana (hahahhha... sounds like may kuto ako..heheh)
2. ANGELNOAH - katojikutatomokaro (mahaba masyado :)).
I am tagging chari, sheng avee, agnes, anah, and beth. In case you already have this tag guys, just skip it. Have fun :).
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
TORONTO, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)----Jokeroo.com, http://www.jokeroo.com, one of the pioneers in internet video and entertainment, has premiered the video fade-out advertisement with the upcoming movie, Speed Racer. The new format was designed to attract marketers across the globe with an advertisement that's high impact and engaging, while avoiding any negative impact on the user.
Although the campaign is still in its infancy, it has produced spectacular results posting a click-through north of 4 percent, which is much higher than eMarketer's quoted preroll standard of 0.5 to 0.9 percent. "When coming up with the idea we were looking for something that offered great performance for the advertiser while keeping the user happy," says Aleks Dugonjic, the President of Jokeroo.com.
The creative takes up the full screen outside of the video player environment, which avoids interrupting the user experience but allows the advertiser's brand to go unnoticed. The fade-out can last up to thirty seconds until it slowly starts fading out and the Jokeroo.com webpage appears. A live example can be found here: http://www.jokeroo.com/funnyvideos/transformers_stop_motion.html
Jokeroo.com is one of the leading video entertainment websites on the market today, ranked in the top 50 by comScore in multimedia and 2nd in humor. The company currently hosts over 6 million unique visitors, 150,000+ community members, and has over 1 million active email subscriptions.
The contents of the actual email are below:
PHONE: +27 837309092
FAX: +27 86 668 3730
E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
I Can understand how surprised this letter will mean to you, but please consider this letter as a genuine request from a family in dire need of your humble assistance.
Firstly, I must introduce myself. I am Peter Muzerewa. A Citizen of , but I am contacting you from where I am now seeking political asylum. I got your contact from the web while looking for a capable person that will help us.
I am the son of JOHN DUBE MUZEREWA, a wealthy farmer and senior politician with the opposition political party in my country, Movement for Democratic Change (MDC). Our wicked murdered my father, before I run away from my country because I have become his next target to eliminate. My father was a fighter for Justice and a moving force in The MDC, a party wanting to end the several years of brutal Dictatorship government of . You will read more stories about President Mugabe's brutal acts by visiting this web site: http://www.rte.ie/news/2000/0418/zimbabwe.html
My father was accused of assisting the White farmers in fighting the government. Few weeks after his arrest, he was reported dead. The government claimed he died of heart attack and his body was never seen for proper autopsy, they buried him in the government cemetery. My father's associate Mr. Martin Olds, a White farmer from assisted me in fighting my father's death through the Court and media.
The Government saw us as a big treat to them and decided to eliminate us. Mr. Olds was attacked and murdered in his House, but fortunately, before they came looking for me, I received the news and I left the country through the border to to save my life.
Here is my reason for contacting you. My father deposited a huge Sum of money in the total sum of US$19,500,000.00 [Nineteen Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars] presently with privet Security Company in , my father kept this money in one trunk box in disguise as family treasures and could not bank them because of the situation in my Country.
The government seized my fathers farms and banks account before his arrest and Murder. He told me everything concerning the funds while he was still in detention. This is why I need your assistance in securing the funds there in your Country, so that I can arrange on how to come over to your country for the investment of the fund.
For your assistance, I will offer you 30% of this whole money, 10% will be set aside to cater for any expenses that may be incurred while the remaining 60% is for my family for the investment in your country.
Once again, I will be grateful if you can assist me in transferring this fund to your overseas account for investment.
You can contact me on telephone number +27 837309092 for more details as I have made all the arrangement with our Family Lawyer in on how to transfer this fund without a hitch.
Please, let me know if you can assist me, so that I can give you more details on how we shall proceed.
As I wait for your urgent Response, please treat this information as confidential.
Mr. Peter Muzerewa (for the family)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Custom Crystal Attire at AdvantageBridal.com is so much fun to look at. There are a lot of various selections to choose from such as custom crystal rhinestone T-shirts, flip flops, tank tops, bikinis and dozens of garment and crystal colors which are being used to create a one-of-a-kind garments that will be unique for you.
Honestly, while I was browsing all these different products, it made me thought; how I wish I will get married again! (Of course, to the same person that I am married to now, lol!). Advantage Bridal has a lot of categories to offer from monogram cakes to bridal accessories. These products are ready for you online at an affordable prices.
You don't even have to think what kind of gifts do you need to give to your friend or loved ones who are getting married or just think about your wedding remembrance that you have to give to your visitors on your wedding day :). All you need to do is just browse the site, and select what you want that suits your needs. If you are interested to get subscription emails to keep you updated for new products, feel free to join their mailing lists, as well as you can also set up your gift registry on the site.
Thanks to Avee for this tag. I have more than 5 things to do actually, but will just have to condense them, hehehe...
Here are the top 5 things I need to do:
- Fold our newly washed clothes for packing.
- Shop online :)
- Map Quest copies for our trip itineraries
- Closet revamp for the summer season
- Blog, blog and blog
IMPORTANT: Never go thirsty when going to bed and be
sure you have plenty of water during your 8-hour rest.
Bangungot has killed a male nurse of UERMMH. It is sudden death in adults which cause them to die while sleeping. Many theories have been put forward as its cause. However, here is an article which
sheds some light to the cause of this malady. Please read on:
Article from THE PHILIPPINE STAR:
The reported cause of actor Rico Yan's death is nightmare or
bangungot. Medical investigators in China , Japan and several Asian
countries who performed autopsies on persons who died from "acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis" found out that the majority of them had
eaten NOODLES as their supper. This was a startling finding.
However, it wasn't the noodles that caused nightmares but
DEHYDRATION. Imbibing even with a few drinks of alcohol or just
eating noodles immediately before bedtime compound this on an empty stomach will trigger an electrolyte imbalance and other factors that causes a person to dehydrate or lose water.
It is therefore advisable for a person to take several glasses of
water before bedtime if he had a few or several alcoholic drinks.
Avoid eating noodles before bedtime, but if you can not avoid it,
all ow at least two hours for the body to digest the noodles before
hitting the sack and drink plenty of water.
The most important thing is, never go thirsty when going to bed and
be sure you have plenty of water during your 8-hour rest.
Plan-------------------------- ------------------------ -Orderly
Earn-------------------------- -------------------------- -Honestly
Save-------------------------- ----------------------------- -Regularly
Spend------------------------- ------------------------------ -Intelligently
Love-------------------------- ------------------------------ ---Passionately
ENJOY--- ------------------------------ -----------------------COMPLETE LY
These won't be possible without savings.com on the run. They got all the best deals for you. Just take note: their best deals do not last long. So, you have to take this chance before they all run out of it. Summer is approaching, so why not enjoy the season for a memorable and relaxing vacation with a great deals and discounts, right?
And take a look at their discount clothing deals! Goodness gracious!...the lists seem endless :). I am a shopper freak, and I go or these stuffs. They even got one of my favorite online store..Blair. I guarantee, this store has been offering up to 50% discounts. Just go and grab any coupon to shop for your favorites. Hey guys and ladies out there who love to shop, keep browsing and they even got a lot of free shippings. Visit savings.com today.
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry,
two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.
One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares,
its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said.
Yesterday is gone forever.
The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with all its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance;
Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow’s sun will rise, either in splendour or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet to be born. This leaves only one day, Today.
Any person can fight the battle of just one day.
It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities
Yesterday and Tomorrow that, we break down.
It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad,
It is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.
Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.