Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Get Ready for Better Health

Taking an active role in your health and working with your doctor will put you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. This is important to do if you have an ongoing condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma or back pain.

Before your next doctor visit, gather the following items and information to help you and your doctor make the most of your time.
  • A list of your medications and nutritional supplements, with dosages.
  • A record of any symptoms, for how long they've happened, and when and what makes them better or worse.
  • An organized list of questions
  • Paper and pen to take notes.
When you're at the doctor's office, make sure that you ask the following questions about your condition:
  • Do I need to update the treatment plan for my condition?
  • What should I do during an emergency?
  • Do I need a follow up visit?
I will be having my doctor's appointment coming June 24....this is a good guideline. :)).

0 comments: