Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Brookstone's iConvert Scanner V2



Few weeks ago, I happened to go into Brookstone store at Columbia Mall just to window shop...well, I ended up buying this scanner for my iPad or iPhone. This exclusively works for Ipod touch (4th gen. only), Iphone 4 & 4S, and for ipad1 and ipad 2, and 3 only.

I thought of getting it because of its portable size and is lightweight. It can be carried all along even when you're traveling. It can be carried into your backpack which only has 12 inches in length and 4 inches width. It also comes with a power cord, a manual and some accessories like calibration sheet, lens cleaner, roller cleaner and a protective sleeve. You will know all the uses of each of those accessories included once you read the manual which also comes with it :).

In order for this to work on your apple devices (for those only mentioned previously), you have to create an account with iTunes and download the free scan app by Brookstone at the Appstore. Once done, it will give you the step-by-step prompts scan and has options to save or delete your scanned documents.

For iPhone 5 + users, you can request for a pin connector for compatibility on the pin connector slot (this is where you connect your device while standing upright.

iConvert is very ideal to use for scanning documents, photos, expenses reports, receipts, etc... I have tons of documents that keep piling up and I want to get rid of them. Once I can get to scan them and save it on my files, I can just dispose them to give more space for some other stuff on my cabinets and tables :).
Just take note though, that your document should only have a limited size width of at least 2" to 8.5". More than that wouldn't work.

Scanned documents are automatically converted as JPEG files and can be saved directly to your photo library (if you wish to) on your device, and has a scan of high-resolution 300dpi for clear, crisp images.

So far, so good. I've already scanned my documents that I usually use for my writing. (blogs) such as those brochures or information that I need to take note on my travel blog. Cool stuff! ;)

0 comments: