Thursday, March 20, 2008

Email Fraud - Beware!

Once again, I have to remind you if ever you receive an email such as this, don't give in to it. I have been receiving a lot of lottery winnings in my email which I never joined. Take note: they ask for your personal information. Do NOT bother to give them because that might lead to identity theft being YOU as the victim! Thefts do everything they think online to catch you on their baits. They even use churches and the name of God to make you give in to it. There are several more emails that you might receive, but think a million times before giving your personal informations to anybody.

Here is the content of the email:


"The National Lottery

P O Box 1010Liverpool,
L70 1NL
UNITED KINGDOM
(Customer Services)
Ref: UK/9420X2/68
Batch: 074/05/ZY369

ATTN:LOTTERY WINNER

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of One Million Great Britain Pounds Sterling(£1,000,000.00) for the month of March 2008 Lottery promotion which is organized by the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,UK.However you will have to fill and submit this form to the events manager.

1. Full Names

2. Contact Address

3. Age

4. Telephone Number

5. Sex

6. Occupation

7. State

8. Country

9.Nationality

(CONTACT CLAIM MANAGER)

Name:Jandy Smith (Esq). Phone: (+44) 7011138649 +447011138648

Email: agentjandysmith1@yahoo.co.uk"

1 comments:

jojo said...

I know what you mean, I get at least 3 to 4 of those winning lottery scams a day. I received one yesterday with my full name and address, plus an old credit card number in this email. This email said that I have not fulfilled my obligation to except or reply back to the lottery for the amount I had won. I was told to contact them immediately to give them all my information on myself and phone number, sex, occupation..ect..like you received, I was to contact them they would forward my new ATM card with my lottery winnings, which was in the millions. I was informed to only spend $100.000 a day...it was in my best interest to contact them immediately.

Hahaha...this is a joke. They somehow got a hold of an old credit card number that I closed in 1997 and used that as a my new ATM card for the millions I won and they would activate it for my use after they receive my info and send me my code. This really made me angry getting this one. How brazen! I decided to print this one and send it to our local TV station to their scam alert line. I want people to see what a joke these scams have become. These lottery scams have become very serious and using God as well to get you to send your info. The bad part is somebody will fall for this. They will be so convinced they have one and using God as a bait too. Just pathetic!