Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mom and Me

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

My mom is always in my business and she just doesn’t trust me to make my own decisions. I love her to death but she’s always nagging me about looking into reliant vs TXU and painting the front steps and not calling her after 11 pm. I don’t know why in the world she feels like as a 30 year old woman I’m not capable of handling myself but I think it has something to do with the fact that I live a little closer than I would like to to my family. When I went away to college I gained all this freedom that I relished but being back home in Texas has put me a bit closer to them than I’d like. I wish we could all spend time together without getting into fights but I just feel like my mom and sometimes even the rest of my family don’t treat me like the adult I am. There’s nothing I can’t handle on my own without their overbearing guidance!

0 comments: